Spring Rolls are very famous around the world now, different countries own different taste for that. A soft skin made by flour wrapped with savory seasoning and vegetable or some meat inside. Really attract every diners to taste it. I prefer to cook as Chinese style and North America style, by this time I may introduce you Banana Spring Roll from Mexico, less oil and crispy flour skin with banana inside.
If Elvis is still alive, I think the chocolate banana spring rolls will be his choice of midnight snacks. They are sweet, very tasty and fried (all prerequisites for Elvis’ snacks). For the king, these may be a bit petite: he might stuff a bunch of bananas and a piece of chocolate into a whole piece of poor raised spring rolls. He may also try to squeeze a can of peanut butter. On the other hand, I feel guilty about my 4 o’clock fried dessert, a little restrained.
However, you don’t have to feel too guilty. Despite the frying, these crunchy little foods are not greasy at all. The trick in this area is to use sunflower oil at very high temperatures to get in and out in less than a minute. Sunflower oil is also excellent at high temperature frying because it is not easy to burn.
Quick fried gives the spring rolls plenty of time to melt the chocolate and heat the banana. The result is a perfect combination of textures: a crisp, soft, soft ‘banocolate’ (new word for bananas and chocolate). well, next is Chocolate Banana Spring Rolls recipe,
Ingredients for Chocolate banana spring rolls
Several sheets of Spring Roll pastry cut into squares, 3×3 inches 1-2 ripe bananas
2 cups of sunflower oil 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate buds Icing sugar for topping
- Put the pastry on the cutting board.
- Gently smash the banana with a fork. Place about 2 tablespoons of banana in the middle of the pastry square. Add 6 or 7 chocolate chips.
- Fold the pastry on the banana and roll it tightly to form a package that folds over the ends.
- Reuse the remaining pastries, bananas and chocolate chips.
- Heat the oil in the wok or fryer with medium to high heat. Test the oil with a small piece of spring roll pastry. If the package creaks on the surface, the oil is ready.
- Batch stamping spring rolls. Gently put several spring rolls into the oil and fry for about 40-60 seconds, or until golden brown. Use a chopstick or pliers to turn the spring rolls over the oil to make sure they are cooked evenly.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the spring roll from the oil. Remove excess oil and drain the paper towel. Repeat the remaining spring rolls.
- Sprinkling some sugar on the surface of spring roll if you like, it will add some sweet taste.
- You may eat immediately after it is cooked, but carefully, it is very hot and avoid to burn your mouth.